Saturday, June 16, 2012

Love - Love on the Tennis Court

When keeping score in tennis, a zero score is called "love".  You could make use of this in a clever invitation for this date.  But if your date isn't familiar with the usage, they might just be confused.

Since moving into our new apartment complex with it own tennis court, I had been wanting to play tennis.  Not finding any rackets at the thrift stores, I was happy to find my old tennis racket (and my brother let me have his) at my parents' house when we were visiting.  With our level of play (and that of our boys) having old, beaten-up rackets was just fine.

As I tried to figure out what to make for dinner, google told me that bananas and pretzels are associated with tennis.  We didn't have bananas, nor yeast.  So I found a yeastless pretzel recipe and made pretzels and pretzel dogs (wrapping the dough around hot dogs and cooking them like pretzels).  They turned out a little too pretzel tasting.  Dropping them in boiling water-baking soda mixture gives them the characteristic soft pretzel taste, but I think I used the amount of baking soda for the quick dip recipe but then let them boil for a minute like I had seen in another recipe.  So the flavor was a little strong, but still edible.

We went out to the tennis court and hit the ball around a little.  My wife had requested an athletic date, but her wrist was hurting, so tennis wasn't quite the right game.  But we had a little fun out there, and it was nice to finally use our tennis court.

No comments:

Post a Comment