Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pure Country

Howdy y'all!!

This here was a date I'd been wanting to take my purty lit'l lady on since moving to Texas.  Maybe it was just an excuse to have me some yummy barbeque. So a country theme seemed appropriate, with a country music movie from a while back that I'd never gotten around to seeing.

I bought a couple cowboy hats at the dollar store.  I also bought one of them "hair volumizers", as we've sometimes joked about big Texas hair.  I pushed this date up on the calendar as my purty lit'l lady has been complaining about how hot her hair gets and that she just wants to chop it all off, so I wanted to do this date while she could still pull off the big hair look. She did a great job dolling herself up for the date. So here we are:




I picked up a nice variety of food from C&J Barbeque :  smoked sausage, brisket, pork loin, and half a chicken.  Fried okra and potatoe salad.  I also picked up some jalepenos and some other kind of pepper, but they were a wee bit strong for us city folk.  We went to a park for a picnic.  I picked a park with horse trails, hoping we'd see some, but we didn't.  Here's a picture of our picnic, and my sweetie eating some fried okra:


On our way home we stopped to see some longhorns up close (but safely behind a fence).


After we put the yungins to bed, my lady and I cuddled up to watch Pure Country (Internet Movie Datebase Link).  George Straight's "I Cross My Heart" was one of my favorite songs when I first started liking country music.  I had never seen the movie before, and I enjoyed watching it with my girl.







No comments:

Post a Comment